IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This AcroPDF End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and the AcroPDF Systems for the SOFTWARE(s) identified above, which includes the User's Guide, any associated SOFTWARE components, any media, any printed materials other than the User's Guide, and any "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE. If the SOFTWARE was mailed to you, return the media envelope along with the rest of the package to the location where you obtained it within 30 days from purchase.
"non-commercial entity" is defined as any individual, educational institution, charity or humanitarian organization.
"commercial entity" is defined as any corporation registered or otherwise that derives or attempts to derive substantial commercial and monetary gain and benefit from its efforts and endeavors. This includes all Government and Military entities.
"personal use" means the non-commercial use of AcroPDF in your own home, with your own personal computer by you, your family or by your close friends. The computer you use AcroPDF in must be owned by you or by a member of your family, you are not allowed to use an unlicensed version (after the evaluation period) of AcroPDF in a computer owned by the company you work for.
"educational use" means the use of AcroPDF for educational purposes in a non-commercial institution.
"Licensed version" means a version of AcroPDF that has been licensed for use by a "commercial or non-commercial entity". Licensed version is not free and you are not allowed to distribute it in any ways.
"Unlicensed version" means the free version of AcroPDF that can only be used by a non-commercial entity for personal, educational and non-commercial use. The one and only exception is during the evaluation period in which the Software may also be used by a commercial entity.
"license" means the license you own. If you haven't bought a license (i.e. the licensed version) you are bound by the restrictions of the unlicensed version.
"license agreement" means this document. This license agreement is a legal agreement between you (individual or a legal entity) and the AcroPDF Systems.
2. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
3. GRANT OF LICENSE.
1. Unlicensed version
2. Licensed version
You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this license provided you transfer all copies of the Software and the recipient agrees to the terms of this license.
There are 4 basic types of licenses issued for AcroPDF, these are:
a. A SINGLE user license. The user purchases a single license for the use of AcroPDF by a single user.
b. A MULTIPLE user license. The user purchases a single license for the use of AcroPDF, by the purchaser, the purchaser's employees or accredited agents. The license can be used by the number of users the license was issued to.
c. A SITE license. The user purchases a single license, authorizing the use of AcroPDF, by the purchaser, the purchaser's employees or accredited agents, on an unlimited number of computers at the same physical SITE location. This SITE location would normally be defined as a single building, but could be considered to be a number of buildings within the same, general, geographical location, such as an industrial estate or small town.
d. A CORPORATE, NATIONAL or INTERNATIONAL license. The user purchases a single license, authorizing the use of AcroPDF, by the purchaser, the purchaser's employees or accredited agents, on an unlimited number of computers, regardless of location, but owned or under the control of the purchaser.
5. RESTRICTIONS. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. You may not use the SOFTWARE to perform any unauthorized transfer of information (e.g. transfer of files in violation of a copyright) or for any illegal purpose.
6. SUPPORT SERVICES. The AcroPDF Systems may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE. Use of Support Services is governed by the AcroPDF Group polices and programs described in the user manual, in online documentation, and/or other materials provided by the AcroPDF Systems, as they may be modified from time to time. Any supplemental SOFTWARE code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to AcroPDF Systems as part of the Support Services, the AcroPDF Systems may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. The AcroPDF Systems will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
7. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, the AcroPDF Systems may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.
8. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of the AcroPDF Systems and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
9. NO WARRANTIES. The AcroPDF Systems expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ACROPDF SYSTEMS OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE ACROPDF SYSTEMS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, THE ACROPDF SYSTEMS' LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF U.S.$1.00 OR LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact the ACROPDF SYSTEMS for any reason, please contact by electronic mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apr 13, 2018
Aug 24, 2017
Aug 22, 2017
July 28, 2017
July 18, 2017
July 9, 2017
July 2, 2017
Jun 25, 2017
© Copyright AcroPDF Systems Inc.
1995-2019 All Rights Reserved.